This course is designed to prepare you to pass the industry-recognised TestOut CyberDefense Pro and CompTIA CySA+ certifications. This certification measures not just what you know, but what you can do to evaluate a system’s security and make recommendations that make the system more secure.
The purpose of this course is to allow students and IT professionals to move into the cybersecurity field. The course covers knowledge and skills such as:
- Threats and vulnerabilities: use proactive threat intelligence to manage organizational security and vulnerability activities.
- Software and systems: employ security solutions to manage infrastructure and understand software and hardware assurance best practices.
- Compliance and assessment: apply security concepts for risk mitigation and learn the importance of frameworks, policies, procedures, and controls.
- Security operations and monitoring: analyse security monitoring data and apply configuration changes to existing controls as a way to improve security.
- Incident response: use the appropriate procedures, check potential indicators of compromise, and apply basic digital forensics techniques.
We’ve created this course with the expectation that you already know the following:
- What a network is
- How a network functions
- IP addressing
- TCP/IP networking protocols
- DNS and DHCP
- Basic security practices
Cost – £1,560
This course meets the specifications for two industry certification programs:
|TestOut Cyber Defense Pro||The TestOut CyberDefense Pro certification measures how much you know and what you can do. The CyberDefense Pro certification validates that you have the equivalent knowledge of four years of work experience in the cybersecurity field. The exam focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to become a security analyst. It also helps the student be aware of network attack strategies and common countermeasures. It prepares students to use various testing tools to analyze networks for vulnerabilities. Knowledge of these vulnerabilities also helps students understand how to counter these vulnerabilities and improve network security.|
|CompTIA CySA+ CS0-002||The CySA+ is a qualification obtained from CompTIA. They state that a cybersecurity analyst is an IT professional who applies behavioural analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
The code for the current CySA+ exam is CS0-002. To take the exam, a candidate must have four years of hands-on experience in a technical cybersecurity job role as well as the Security+ and Network+ certifications or equivalent knowledge and experience. The current cost of the exam is $370. For the latest requirements and more information, check the CompTIA website at comptia.org.